Here are the 11 Reasons why children fear Maths or have Maths Phobia
- Maths is an Abstract Subject.
- Formative years ( 0 – 8 Yrs.) – only Arithmetic taught other concepts of Maths not introduced.
- Taught in a rote way instead of creative way.
- Taught as facts to be remembered rather than skills to be acquired.
- Emphasis is more result oriented rather than being process oriented.
- Teaching methods are left brain dominated.
- Not taught holistically and taught as island topics.
- Non child friendly teaching environment.
- Curriculum not having recreational aspect for children (Fun Element Missing).
- Math concepts build upon each other and if the child misses out on the foundational concepts in the beginning, it becomes harder to learn later concepts.
- Poor understanding of how to apply and perform mathematical operations.
Enrol your child to the Internationally acclaimed i-Maths program and ensure he/she does not fear but loves maths.